1 average sized butternut squash, peeled and cut into small pieces.
1 small can of creamed corn.
1 small can of sweet corn.
12oz runner beans, cut finely.
1 medium onion, diced.
1 tablespoon butter.
One quarter teaspoon turmeric.
One half teaspoon of cumin.
One half teaspoon thyme.
1 pint of vegetable stock.
One quarter pint of cream.
Sea salt and ground black pepper.
2 teaspoons cornflour, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water.
1. Melt the butter in a sauce pan. Sauté the onion, thyme, cumin, and turmeric in the butter, stirring occasionally until the onion is tender.
2. Add the stock, diced squash, beans, drained sweet corn and creamed corn. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium until the squash and beans are cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Stir the cornflour mixture and slowly pour it into the pot, stirring constantly. As soon as the chowder has come back to a boil and thickened slightly, remove from the heat and stir in the cream. Adjust the seasoning.
4. Garnish with chives and serve. This soup can be blended if desired .
5. If you are not serving the chowder let it sit at room temperature for up to an hour, allowing the flavours to meld. Let it cool, then refrigerate; cover the chowder after it has chilled completely.