Recipe from Rick Lee, Executive Chef, Alchemy Restaurant, Nercwys, Mold.
Cooked with onions, rosemary, ginger, cider, honey and finished with cream. The lamb from Gwysaney Home Farm Shop has been excellent this season.
4 Rump or Leg Steak (6 to 8 oz per person)
Large onion peeled and thinly sliced
4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
1 clove of garlic crushed
0.5oz of fresh ginger grated
0.5 pint cider
2 tsp honey
4 fl oz fresh double cream
Salt & Pepper
1. Pre heat oven to 200°C, 4 0 0 ° F, Gas Mk 6.
2. In a large oven proof pan add a little oil and the onions, garlic ginger & black pepper. Cook on the hob on a low heat for 2 mins.
3. Remove the onion mixture into a bowl and fry the lamb on a high heat sealing each side for about a minute.
4. Return the onion mixture to the pan placing the lamb on top. Lay the ro s e m a ry on top of the lamb and then place in the oven and cook for 12 to 15 minutes depending on how well you like your lamb cooked.
5. Take the lamb out of the pan and keep warm on a tray in the oven.
6. Return the pan with the onion mixture to the hob adding the cider and reduce by half.
7. Add the cream, cook till thickened and season. Serve the lamb and top with the cream sauce. Garnish with fresh rosemary. Serve your lamb with steamed broad beans and mash of crushed new potatoes.