This month’s seasonal recipe for blueberry and apricot muffins comes from Ginny Greatbatch of ‘Meet n Eat’ cafe and delicatessen. Paul and Ginny welcome customers with their friendly hospitality at their cafe on New Street in Mold. Enjoying their homemade cooking is an ideal way to round off a visit to the Town.
Meet n Eat, New Street, Mold. Cafe, delicatessen and outside catering 01352 752061.
225g/8oz plain flour
2 tsps baking powder
Rind of 1 lemon
1 large egg
225ml/8fl oz milk
4 drops vanilla essence
50g/2oz melted butter
25g/1oz dried apricots,
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/ gas 6.
2. Sift flour and baking powder into bowl. Add sugar and grated rind of lemon. Make a well in the centre of the mix.
3. Beat egg in a separate bowl then add the milk, vanilla essence, melted butter, blueberries and apricots.
4. Tip the fruity mix into the dry ingredients. Mix and stir well.
5. Put 12 muffin cases into a tin. Divide the mix equally between the cases.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or till done.