Cittaslow Mold’s ‘Local Produce & Community’ sub group is interested in Cittaslow membership criteria ‘D’ on the encouragement of local produce and production, criteria ‘E’ on hospitality and community and criteria ‘F’ on Cittaslow awareness creation. Projects include:
- Implementing the recommendations of the 2010 study into how to increase and secure Local Produce in Mold and the surrounding area.
- Carrying out an options appraisal and developing a business plan for a local food hub in Mold.
- Maintaining and promoting a directory of local produce and producers in the area.
- Encouraging diversity with more local produce in our shops and restaurants.
- Holding a range of activites from Pancake Races to Festivals for the community to take part in and enjoy.
- A monthly Cittaslow market stall on Mold market to promote Cittaslow awareness.